Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Bones and the Fire

My 2 day stint on Bones was not exciting, except for supplying my nerdiness with the chance to see Freaks and Geeks star John Francis Daley who looks just as he did when he was 14, except taller. What was exciting was my drive home at 1 am on the 405 freeway. I got to witness my first brush fire up close and personal. The 405 south was just closing and the north was soon to follow. The fire had just started. It was crazy because while I was driving I could see that the sky looked a bit redder than usual, and then I started smelling smoke and my car became a sauna before humongous flames 25 feet high or more suddenly appeared on the hills right by the Getty Center. It was beautiful. My inner pyromaniac was in awe, until I realized I was afraid of fire and quickly drove by terrified that some flying embers might catch my car on fire. I made it back safely, but not unscathed because the smoke had irritated my sensitive throat and I became hoarse for a few days. Well worth the pictures though, and I shall never forget the intensity behind one of nature's most beautiful disasters.

No comments:

Post a Comment