Wednesday, April 16, 2008

United States of Tara and the Overland Park Shout-Outs!

This is the shoot where I met my friend Will Gatlin. I was immediately drawn to him because he kept smiling at me. He is just one of the happiest guys ever and his smiles are contagious. We were high school students together in Overland Park, KS...which is where I grew up. It was so amazing because they had a yellow school bus that said Johnson County Schools. I wish I had taken a picture. Even though I am a few years out of high school, clearly I was perfectly cast since I of all people know how OP kids act and dress. While in holding I got involved in some Texas Hold Em games with some cocky boys. I ended up winning of course....both times. I may look like an innocent little girl, but I know my shit. I should become a hustler.

We were apparently students at Butterworth Senior High School. I still have my program from the ballet show. It was a very detailed program. The cast and crew listed in the program were made up of characters from other high school shows like Jeff Rosso, the psychiatrist from "Freaks and Geeks" and Mike Seaver from "Growing Pains" and Kelly Kapowski from "Saved by the Bell". It became a game to try and figure out the references. Fun little souvenir to have from the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment