Friday, July 11, 2008

Cold Case - I Look Like My Grandma

I love dressing up in costumes and putting on a wig and fancy makeup. So I pretty much loved working on Cold Case. We were 1950's ladies being swooned by navy and marines on leave. They are really authentic on that show down to the underwear. Seriously. I had to wear a bra from the 1950's. It was pointy and very uncomfortable. I'm guessing elastic or spandex or whatever wasn't popular or invented yet because those things had no stretch to them. After being done up, I took a look in the mirror. The image was frightening. I looked like my Grandma Lucille when she was in her 20's. Granted, I've never seen her or a picture of her in her 20s...or really any age other than 70's, but still, I was vintage. It's actually a very becoming look for me. Maybe I was born in the wrong decade. Though after seeing my figure on film, I looked about as large as a hippopotamus. Maybe not so becoming after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment