Monday, July 21, 2008

Monk and My Starring Role

Last Friday and today I got to work on the 100th episode of Monk. 100th episodes are great because they are treated a little more special, like celebratory cake and ice cream for dessert. I don't know how I got to be this lucky. I was one of 3 non-union extras and was playing a makeup person at an after party. On day one, I wore a red sweater and some slacks, however, on the 2nd day, the wardrobe people decided I wasn't festive enough and changed me into a black flowery blouse. I guess continuity wasn't a big concern for them, though I was pretty much in the frame directly behind Tony Shalloub the entire episode. You can see ME during the pivotal ending when Eric McCormack draws a gun in the crowded party and I cower in the background. Eric McCormack is an ass man by the way. One of the extras had quite the derrier and he kept staring at it and when he walked by as if to squeeze between her and another person, instead of going between them, he almost grabbed her ass. It was hilarious. Only I, of course, saw this gesture. How I love body language. The extras on the show were all pretty cool. I met a guy from Scotland who was in a band called Trashcan Sinatras. He married a groupie. Then there was Marco, my grey haired 37 year old surfer dude. I still hear from him occasionally and he has tried to help me find a set job. He was a sweetie. There was also a really young hot producer on the show who was doing extra work so that he could join the union. Marco convinced me to talk to him and inquire how he got to be a producer. His answer? He knew Tony Shalloub and was his assistant for a while before Tony made him a producer. Man...don't we all wish we had connections like that. So not fair! He can't be that hot AND have connections...it should be one or the other. It was a really fun set overall, and I still can't believe how well you can see me at that party the ENTIRE episode. Try to check it out if you can. It is duly titled Monk's 100th episode. (Creative I know.)

No comments:

Post a Comment