Friday, January 30, 2009

Life and My Phone Number

I was working Life over at Universal Studios. I was to be a classy restaurant patron. Instead of wearing my blue silk dress, they put me in a navy suit that was too large and made out of a stretchy sweater material, and of course pearl earrings, bracelet, and necklace. I was 23 going on 70. I must have looked HOT though because the most attractive man I have ever seen on set who looked a bit like Colin Farrell just happened to be my dining partner and we struck up quite the conversation. I found out he graduated in Finance and came to LA to be an actor and was a bartender which is quite the corrupt occupation. I told him that I went to USC film school, which I never divulge on set for fear of crazy extras grasping on to my tiny coattails and wanting to stay in contact with me...I didn't mind with him though..he could grasp on to whatever he wanted. I also happened to mention, when he brought up True Blood, that I was friends with one of the actors. He seemed very impressed. We talked more of acting and what I had learned at school and what movies were out now, etc. Hours flew by and he was about to be wrapped. He changed out of his business attire into a polo with popped collar (I like to think he popped it especially for me) and was heading out. But then he stopped by my table and asked for my number saying, "So we can talk about SAG and acting and ......" He was mumbling really....quite nervous. Totally adorable ( I don't care if another extra saw him spit 3 times on set...I didn't see it so my mind has only admirable thoughts. ) So anyway...I gave him my phone number. AND the next day he texted me. Is he doing it to use me? Maybe.......do I care? NOPE.

We transitioned to the interior of the LAPD and a new set of background rolled in. Only 5 girls remained from early in the afternoon. They must not get too many new faces because I was pretty exciting to many of them. That's where Arson a black man in his 40s from Manchester, England comes in. He and another man noticed my really cool blue Nooka watch (which he later said matched my eyes). Arson had seen them before and wanted one and even knew how much they cost. This obviously sparked conversation before he told me, "You know who you remind me of....Dorothy...you know from Oz?" I laughed, "Oh gosh...I'm from Kansas." He couldn't believe it. "You know, you're very pretty." I blushed and headed inside. (I'm so hard to get aren't I?) Later we were in a scene together and waiting to be placed and Arson asked me if I wanted to go get ice cream because he is divorced and all. I shouldn't let the fact that he has a daughter with an Italian woman get in the way. He then blatantly pointed out, in case the three men witnessing the conversation were deaf, that he was hitting on me and proceeded to hand me his phone. I acted all cutesy in order to turn him down lightly. Replying in a falsetto voice, "Naaaaoooohh". Two guys asked for my number in the same day. This may not seem like a feat for the likes of Cindy Crawford, but today included my 2nd and 3rd time ever (1st occurring on the set of CSI).

During our lunch, I took the time to walk around the Universal back-lot. If only it weren't 7 pm and pitch black. I entertained this girl Camilla by telling her what all the production companies we spotted produced. It was so dark though that it was a pretty shitty tour...now I know why the Universal Theme Park is never open past dark. It closed at like 4 pm on a Friday! Walk-a-way lunches suck though because I'm not being fed a proper meal on set...instead I had to resort to eating a bag of skittles, cheesecake, and a grilled cheese sandwich at midnight. Ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment