Thursday, May 8, 2008

CSI and the Missing Gun Belt

I worked CSI, one of my favorite shows, today. My goal was to see William Peterson, and it looked like I was going to get my wish, except for the fact that instead of casting half of us as CSI techs, they cast all of us. Knowing my luck, I of course got cut and was sent home, but not after playing a Las Vegas Police Officer. It was for the season premiere and we were gathered in the station to discuss Warrick who was murdered. As the youngest and only non-regular, I was quite dismissible. In fact, when they ran out of name badges, they took mine. When they ran out of small gun belts, you guessed it, I relinquished mine. Because of this, they weren't planning on really using me since I was missing all my props and were afraid it would be noticeable on screen. So, of course after feeling guilty, they decided to hide me in the back of the group and use my shoulder to pan across. Perfect...whatever. So needless to say, I was surprised when the episode finally aired and I got quite the close-up. Sure, the PAs and Prop guys may try and hide me...but apparently the camera just couldn't get enough :) When we wrapped, some guy on set asked for my phone number. I didn't know his name, so I was hesitant. He thought that we should keep in contact. I told him it would be better to email me because I don't give out my number on set. He looked dejected. I haven't seen him since. (Hopefully he wasn't too dejected!)






No comments:

Post a Comment