Friday, May 30, 2008

My Boys and the Bees

Today, I found out that I was most likely allergic to bees. I have only been stung once when I was a small child, and in case you did not know, an allergic reaction shows only after your 2nd time. I made friends with a girl from London, Courtney Fleming, who was an extra in the first 4 Harry Potter members. She was a Gryffindor and told me a lot of stories about how all the older kids would have sex on the Hogwarts Express and each House hated the extras in the other Houses. Very realistic, eh? We went outside to eat some food when a bee landed on her hand. It flew away after she freaked out a bit because she was allergic to bees. I proceeded to tell her about the time a bee flew up my pants and though it didn't sting me, my leg turned red where the bee had crawled up my leg. Sure enough, moments later her hand started turning red and swelling, just as my leg had. I then asked her if she could wear Burt's Bees chapstick, and she couldn't without her lips swelling and burning...just like me. It feels so good to know for sure that I am allergic to bees...now I am scared to death of them. She went to the Studio Nurse to get some benadryl. She went home groggy shortly after...some people can't handle their drugs.

This is my 2nd time working My Boys...and it really is a fun show. I hope it comes back next season. The actors are really sweet and talk to the extras and such. AND Ryan Howard is in it...I totally had a crush on him when I was a kid...mainly because his last name is Howard. He's still pretty cute...if I married him...I wouldn't have to change my name. I was always thinking...even as a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment